If you are preparing for UGC NET examination you need to keep eye on recent happening in Higher Education System space.
It has been seen that most of the time question was asked based on some factual data & new adaptation or Changes in policy.
If we talk about the syllabus of CBSE (UGC) NET Paper 1 Higher Education System section for Paper 1 Questions were lies in one of following sectors.
So it’s important to have basic ideas of following topics:-
- Understanding of organization and governance in higher education.(Different type of college and universities )
- Various institutions of higher education.
- Higher education governance, administration, and educational politics.(NEW EDUCATION POLICY)
- Specific organizational policy goals and implementation(UGC,NAAC,AICTE)
- Changing organizations and systems.(Recent Changes)
Let’s have look at some important topics & key facts based on the higher education system.
Department of Higher Education
The Department of Higher Education, MHRD, is responsible for the overall development of the basic infrastructure of Higher Education sector, both in terms of policy and planning. Under a planned development process, the Department looks after expansion of access and qualitative improvement in the Higher Education, through world-class Universities, Colleges and other Institutions.
Role of Department of Higher Education
- Enhancement of Gross Enrolment Ratio by expanding access through all modes.
- Promoting the participation of these sections of the society whose GER is lower than the national average.
- To improve quality and to promote academic reforms
- Setting up of new educational institutions and also capacity expansion and improvement of the existing institutions.
- Use of Technology in Higher Education.
- Development of Vocational Education and Skill Development.
- Development of Indian Languages.
- International Collaboration in the field of education.
Regulatory Framework in India
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
- Council of Architecture (COA)
- Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
- Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR)
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
[Source – http://mhrd.gov.in/overview ]