Effective and Easy Tips for UGC NET Exams
Wanting to achieve newer heights of success by clearing the UGC NET exam is great; however guidance and determination are imperative as they pave the way to your success. With cutthroat competition it has become all the more necessary to create a strategy and seek some advice from those who are well informed or better yet have answered ugc net questions themselves before clearing the exam. If you are unable to do the aforementioned simply follow the tips below and you will be able to clear UGC NET examination in the very first go.
1. Plan ahead and start early
The first thing to do is to make up your mind and stay absolutely focused. Whether or not you want to answer UGC NET Exam and why should be crystal clear in your mind. Your personal reasons will keep you motivated even when you face challenges, hence jot them down and place them aside a constant reminder that becomes the driving force of your success. Next, you need to start the actual preparation early, i.e. 4- 5 months in advance. This will allow you to go through each subject in a balanced manner, thus ensuring your success in NET Examination.
2. Scrutinize the syllabus
Starting early should be followed up with understanding the question pattern that examiners are likely to set. Peruse through ugc net solved papers, and then put yourself in the shoes of those trying to assess your knowledge, choose questions accordingly, answer them and keep practicing. If you are unable to understand what may be asked and what may be omitted, simply refer to mock examinations for UGC NET Examination on the internet. A large collection of solved and mock test papers are available , which you should use to your advantage. Also, by answering mock exams and solving sample papers you can increase your speed and swiftly answer multiple choice questions. Apart from all this you should focus on understanding concepts, because the clearer your concepts the better your chances of answering accurately and quickly will be. This applies not just for multiple choice questions,but also for essay and short answer questions.
3. Gain more knowledge and answer aptly
You may feel that you are prepared and confidence is superb but remember that each aspect of your answers will be assessed, so read and learn as much as you can in the time you have. Jot down helpful points and create categorized mind-maps, which will make last minute revision easy. Whilst reading, you will stumble across engaging and impactful words, which will make your answer clearer and concise. Additionally, examiners with prestigious PhD degrees will fully comprehend your answers and be impressed by them.
4. Refine your answers
Essay and short answer questions amongst various ugc net questions should be answered in the special format which is mentioned below:
- Crisp and engaging introduction.
- Incorporation of concise and catchy subheadings.
- Categorized and informative body.
- Excellent conclusion.
Remember comprehension of your answers depends on the amount of information included and correct grammar, so make sure you answer accordingly.
5. Seek additional help
When you are unable to prepare on your own seek expert guidance and enrol in special courses through which you will be able to easily answer the questions in UGC NET Exams
Study Plan Strategy for CBSE UGC NET Paper 1
- Follow a methodical pattern of studying for maximum benefits keeping latest trends of paper in mind.
- Prepare a study schedule including as many varied topics as you can and study accordingly.
- Study basic concepts in mass communication for the communication topic.
- Study each topic as 6 questions will definitely come from each Section.
- It’s important to study Teaching and Research in depth as the most difficult questions are usually in this section.
- Revise basic mathematics concepts from class 10th, focusing mainly on understanding sets/patterns and improve approximation technique
- Data Interpretation is generally based on statistics, so study statistics from class 10th to prepare.
- Read any new material (not too long) and try summarizing it in a few points to practice for reading comprehension.
- People and Environment should be prepared from Class 10th as well
- Information and Communication Technology and Higher Education System should be given sufficient time as both are material-heavy
- Prepare Information and Communication Technology and Higher Education System from books specified for UGC NET
- Use flashcards and charts for Information and Communication Technology,
Definitions, abbreviations and terminology are very important for Information and Communication Technology so make sure you know them well
- Study for Higher Education System Governance, Polity and Administration using flowcharts
- Practice as many sample papers/previous year papers as you can to gain speed and accuracy