Best IAS Coaching in Lucknow
Jio Payments Bank begins operations
Best IAS Coaching in Lucknow…
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said that Jio Payments Bank has commenced its banking services from 3 April 2018.
Telecom major Bharti Airtel was the first to begin payment bank services in November 2016.
Article 370 is not temporary
- dismissing the plea seeking a declaration that Article 370 is temporary in nature.
- The petitioner had claimed before the high court that Article 370 was a temporary provision that had lapsed with the dissolution of the Constituent Assembly in 1957.
- The petition had said that the continuance of the temporary provision of Article 370 even after dissolution of Constituent Assembly of J&K, and that of J&K Constitution which has never got the assent of the President of India or Parliament or the government of India, “amounts to fraud on the basic structure of our Constitution”.
Global norms for highway
India will adopt global norms for calculating highways construction from this fiscal after hitting a record 26.92 km road building per day in FY 2017-18,
- between 2.75 to 3.25 metres in Europeand 3.5 metres in Germany.
- As per Indian standards, the width of one lane is prescribed as 3.5 metres.
- By international norms, India constructed 34,378 lane km of highways in 2017-18 which comes to 94.18 lane km a day last fiscal. This in linear length wise comes to 26.92 km a day and 9,829 km in the year.
- From this fiscal, the ministry will follow international norms to calculate construction of highways – lane km.